There are many different services that are included with neurological therapy. Neuro therapy and rehabilitation is a type of therapy that will help you recover from an injury or a neurological illness that you may be suffering from or have recently been diagnosed with. If you are seeking out the right type of neuro therapy, then you will want to visit a neuro clinic in order to have your needs assessed by a team of experts who can make the best diagnosis and rehab plan for your needs.
First, however, you may want to have a better understanding of the many different types of neurological therapy that you can find. Listed here are some of the many different types of services that you can find when it comes to neurological therapy:
- Physical therapy. One type of therapy that you will probably need and seek out is physical therapy. Physical therapy is a type of therapy that can be treated in many different ways. You can treat physical therapy using many different types of treatments. Some of the services included with treating physical therapy include balance training, lower training with your gait, bracing, walk aids, vestibular therapy, and more.
- Occupational therapy. Occupational therapy focuses on therapy for doing your day to day activities again. Occupational therapy treatments can include upper extremity functions, assistance with doing your activities for your daily life, and vision therapy.
- Speech-language pathology and therapy. You can also find speech therapy. When it comes to neurological disorders, then you may need to have speech therapy and you may want to seek out the right speech pathologist to help you with your needs. Some of the services that you can find with speech therapy include swallow therapy, cognitive evaluation, facial and bells palsy treatments and voice treatments.
- You will also want to consider getting counseling to help you with the psychological components of your disorder or injury. This can include individual counseling as well as family counseling. It will also include long term care and planning while you are trying to maintain a normal life again.
- Care coordination. This can include assistance with finding the right community resources and finding out all of the right care for your case and for your needs.
As you can see, there are many different types of therapies that you can expect to find for neuro disorders. There are many different neuro disorders that can be treated with the right rehabilitation. You can find the right services for many disorders including multiple sclerosis, migraines, epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease, strokes, headache disorders, Parkinson’s disease, neuro-infections, brain tumors, and more.
If you are seeking out a plan for your neuro rehab, then you will want to contact the experts over at the Colorado Neurological Institute. They are the leading experts in neurological care and can help you find the right types of care for your needs while also creating the right plan for your best rehabilitation needs. They can help you with occupational therapy, speech therapy, physical therapy, counseling and more.