If you are interested in getting into the medical field but don’t want to spend years in schooling in order to become a doctor or a nurse, then you need to consider going into paramedics. There are many great reasons to become a Houston paramedic. In fact, becoming a Houston paramedic is an exciting and rewarding career change that will leave you with different tasks every single day! You won’t have to spend years in schooling and you can still be in the medical professional and saving lives on a daily basis.
However, becoming a paramedic still isn’t easy. You will need to be sure that you take the steps in order to ensure that you learn everything that you need in order to get a job as a paramedic. Medical transportation can include both ambulance services as well as non emergent services so it is important to find the right type of services for you as as paramedic. Listed here are the steps to take in order to become a Houston paramedic:
- You will want to start by going to EMT basic training. This can be a process that can last anywhere from six months to two years pending on if you choose to attend school part time or full time. Once you have completed your training, then you can choose to take the state exam.
- You will then need to pass the National or State exam in order to become certified to work as a paramedic.
- Afterwards, you can complete advanced EMT training in order to get more training as an emergency medical professional. You can also complete the advanced training coursework, which requires 300 hours and will cover much more than the basic training. The advanced training covers things such as using medication, complex airway devices, and IVs. You can also learn about EKGs.
- You can also choose to take a two year course that will give you a two year degree in paramedics. You will need to have your basic EMT course done as well as experience in order to apply for this type of degree program. Courses included in the two year degree include advanced life support classes, anatomy and physiology, and more clinical training.
- Once you are certified, then you can apply for a job as a paramedic where you will get more hands on training as you start your job!
Being a Houston paramedic is very rewarding as you are saving lives on a daily basis while also giving people the medical attention that they need in emergency situations. If you are looking for further information on becoming a paramedic, then you will want to consider talking with a paramedic so that you can ask them questions regarding their job and what they will recommend that you do in order to make your decision and get started.
If you are looking for the right paramedics to speak with or are looking for the right ambulance services in the Houston area, then you will want to reach out to the experts at Windsor EMS.