If you are looking into a career in the legal field, then you need to consider becoming a criminal defense lawyer. There are many aspects to criminal law that you may be considering and you will want to find the right career path that will work best for you. When it comes to starting a career as a lawyer, then you will have a lot of schooling to get through first! There are many steps to take in order to become a criminal defense lawyer. Listed here are the steps to take in order to get into criminal law:
- Get your undergraduate degree. You will first need to get your undergraduate degree. You can major in a variety of subjects but you will want to be sure that you get phenomenal grades as it is very tough to get into law school. You will also want to consider taking classes that will help you with the LSAT as well.
- Study and take the LSAT. Your next steps are to take the LSAT exam, which is an exam that will help to determine if and which law schools that you can attend. This means that you will need to get very high scores on this exam in order to ensure that you will get into a law school.
- Attend law school. This can take on average three years and you will need to be prepared to do nothing but attend classes and study throughout your time at law school. You will also want to be sure that you dedicate your time to studying every aspect of law while also taking particular courses and additional studies in criminal law.
- Pass the bar. Once you have passed law school, then you cannot practice as a lawyer quite yet. Next, you will need to pass the bar exam. This is the exam that will make it possible for you to become a lawyer and practice law!
- Take continuing education. You will want to continue to learn and grow as a professional. If you are going to pick one speciality, such as drug law, then you will want to take the extra steps that it takes in order to become a drug lawyer.
With all of the steps that it takes to become a criminal defense lawyer, then you will want to make sure that it is something that you want to do before you delve in! However, you can expect to be in a rewarding and exciting career path as becoming a criminal defense lawyer is no easy or boring job. You can find out more by meeting with a current criminal defense lawyer and asking them the questions needed to help you make your decisions.
If you want to find the right team of experts to meet with in the Denver area or if you are looking for a criminal defense lawyer, then you can contact the experts over at Pollart Miller – Criminal Law. They are the leading experts in criminal law and can help you learn more about the profession.