We all lead busy lives. This makes finding time to go to the gym somewhat difficult, forcing us not to go. This does not have to be the case. Even if you have only half an hour to exercise, you can do a lot to keep yourself healthy and in shape. Whether you belong to a 24 hour gym that allows you to come in at odd hours or if you need to find time during the day, there are all kind of ways that you can make your gym time really count. We have some ideas to help you get the most out of your gym time.
- Total Body Workouts: If you have a limited amount of time at the gym and you want to get the most out of it, doing full body workouts is the best option. This can mean taking classes that specifically focus on this, or turning to machines that offer this. The more muscles you target at one time, the more thorough your workout will be.
- Short Rests: Some people take ten minutes to rest between sessions, but this is not the best thing to do, especially if you are short on time. Keep rests as brief as possible, under two minutes, and you will see that not only do you save time but you also stay more focused. This is one of the reasons many personal training experts really push for shorter break times.
- Antagonistic Training: This kind of training is one that involves targeting opposite muscle groups, allowing your body to recuperate more quickly. For example, you could do chest exercises alternated with back exercises. This makes it much easier for your body to stay strong as you exercise, reducing the amount of rests you need. When you use antagonistic sets of muscles, the ones you are not using are forced to rest.
- Less Socializing: It can be tempting to chat with people you see every day at the gym. If you want to get the most out of your workout with a limited amount of time, keep conversations short. Let them know you only have a limited amount of time to exercise. They are sure to understand. By cutting down on socialization, you can make the most our of your workout.
- Come Ready: If it is possible, come dressed to exercise. This will reduce the amount of time you waste in the locker room, allowing you more time on machines and classes. If you cannot come dressed, have your clothes ready to go so that you can get started at once.
All of these tips will make it much easier for you to get the most out of your gym time. You do not need two hours to keep your body in shape. By doing full body workouts that target all major muscles, you will be using your time wisely. A gym like Fitness 4 Less allows you to come in at any hour of the day to get your exercise done without worry.